WHAT WE LEAVE WHEN WE LEAVE??



My Humble Pranams to all...!! I woke up and realized it had all been a bad dream, I dreamt that one day I happened to meet my son's and daughter's kids fighting over for water and they were fighting so badly that I could understand it was all my mistake that I took all these expensive resources like water and electricity available for granted without considering  the necessity to save our future generations and I opened my eyes in deep grief and alas, it had all been a bad dream. But I really fear what if one day our kids or grandchildren had to suffer to get these resources because of our negligence to save energy today. Yes, what matters when we leave is what we have saved for our future generation and it simply means how much sustainable are we with the consumption of energy. It also means how efficiently we tend to think of renewable fuel sources, reduce out carbon emissions and thus protect our environment and natural ecological health by not compromising on our ways of life. So, lets also discuss on some ways to effectively conserve energy in common ways.1) stop a running tap 2) use shower in bathing 3) use water used for washing veggies in gardening 4) repair faulty taps 5) recycle rain water 6) use less water for washing purposes. And some common ways to save electricity could be 1) switching to LED or compact fluorescent bulbs 2) encourage children to use morning hours and sun light for studies 3) Stop standby power wastage 4) use energy efficient appliances 5) Replace old bulbs or fan regulators with newer energy efficient models. Many places in the world like in east of Africa suffer severe drought and as per WHO, 55 million people are globally affected very year. Many Countries like in Turkey also provide incentives to people if they save electric energy. Aside all these, reducing energy consumption simply saves you money by reducing your energy bill significantly. Lastly, Today’s wastage can lead to tomorrows shortage, let’s all save energy also be responsible and considerate of our future generations.


- Sowmya Raghavan


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts